I am a Coach, Catalyst for change and the founder of Datcore Business Academy, a platform for coaching entrepreneurs at the startup and growth stage.
I help start-up business owners get Clarity about their brands business vision, mission and goals with Datcore Business Academy courses created in a relatable way to a real-life situation in the market place to make learning interesting and easy to assimilate. Also to make training easily adaptable for different brands with various business models.
My mentorship and standard business coaching programs have helped many entrepreneurs brand to create a solid brand identity while building sustainable business structures.
Tinu Smith is an award-winning Nigerian Based fashion designer, and the Chief Executive Officer of Datina Designs Fashion House and Fashion School. She has managed her fashion designing business for over 25 years. She manages Datina - Tibile Fashion Retail outlet stores in Ibadan, which showcases her unique clothing line and her two brand labels Datina Designs and Tinu Smith.
She is a designer whose fashion standards are distinctive and this has carved out a niche for her in the fashion industry. She believes fashion should be Classy, Eclectic and Comfortable which are prominent features of her designs. Her academic background in Communication and Language Arts / Religious Studies accounts for her enviable affability with her clientele and her love for modesty.
She is a Goldmansach scholar from the Educational Development Centre, Pan Atlantic University, Lagos Business School, where she studied Entrepreneurial Management. She is also an advocate for Women & youth empowerment.
Tinu is an Alumna of Cherie Blair Foundation Road to Growth Women's program in Nigeria. She is also an alumna of Leap Africa. She was one of the 200 women shortlisted all over Africa for the First Cohort of African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative business management program sponsored by Global Centre for Entrepreneurship. She was one of the 100 entrepreneurs shortlisted all over Nigeria for the business management training, sponsored by the Development Bank of Nigeria. She studied business management at the CBN Enterprise Development Centre.
Tinu Smith is a recipient of SheTrades, a businesswomen’s empowerment initiative under the International Trade Centre (ITC) based in Switzerland She is a You-Win awardee of the Federal Government of Nigeria SME Empowerment Program. She is a mentor on YALI Africa, Women In Africa, Wimbiz, Cherie Blair Foundation and Tony Elelumelu Foundation. She has empowered over 10,000 youths with various vocational skills since the inception of her business. She is an official trainer with ITF and a certified Technical University Trainer.
Tinu Smith has been recognised severally by different institutions, both locally and internationally for her contribution to the growth of the fashion industry, women/youth empowerment and community development.
- In 2017 She got the best fashion trainers awards. (Solid Link Foundation)\
- 2017 awards of excellence for her long-standing contribution to the fashion industry. (Ibadan Entrepreneurs)
- 2017 Awards of recognition as one of the 50 most influential personality in the South West region of Nigeria. (Ibadan Media)
- 2018 Icon of hope awards for her contribution to youth empowerment in Nigeria. (National Association of Polytechnic Students Nigeria)
- 2018 Boabab Awards of excellence for community development and service.(Boabab Awards)
- 2019 best fashion designer of the year. (BLINGZ Awards)
- 2019 Best fashion brand of the year. (Oyo Prominent People's Awards)
- 2019 award of recognition as one of the 60 most influential brands in the South West Region of Nigeria. (Ibadan Media)
- 2019 award of recognition for her contribution to the growth of women empowerment in Nigeria. (African Development Entrepreneurship Centre Nigeria)
- 2019 Life achievements awards in fashion and art.
- 2019 S.H.E Achievers Awards. (Linbiz Global)
- 2020 Awards of excellence as one of the 60 most influential personalities in Oyo State, Nigeria (Ibadan Media)
- 2021 Awards of recognition as one of the 50 Most Influential Icons in Nigeria. (Icons Awards)
- 2021 AWIA awards of recognition from Africa Women in Industrialization awards
Tinu Smith is an inspirational speaker for women, business and relationship conferences. She is the convener of South West Fashion Summit and facilitator at She Grows Africa. She runs Treasures Refuge Foundation a social enterprise focused on mentoring young women. She is a deep lover of music and the Convener of Colours of Worship, a gospel musical concerts that holds annually in the city of Ibadan, Oyo State She is married to Engr. Olubunmi Smith and they are blessed with two lovely children.